Custom Search

Saturday, February 16, 2008

THE SPIDERWICK CHRONICLES...an emotional, exhillirating film


It’s been too long since I’ve updated my blog, It’s almost two months now, but nevertheless I’m back and from now on, I’ll keep you updated.

I’ve just seen the movie The Spiderwick Chronicles with my family yesterday and I am quite impressed about the movie. I had no idea what was the movie all bout cause I haven’t seen the trailer yet. All I know was its tie up with Mc Donalds, Their Happy Meal is about the toys from the movies, goblins, fairies and Ogre.

This movie belongs to the level of Harry Potter movies and The Chronicles of Narnia in terms of excitement and gratification. They also had a Griffin which reminds me of the one in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. The film is visually stimulating with all the great visual effects they’ve done.

Tells about the Grace family ( Mom with three kids, twins Simon and Jared, daughter Mallory ) who just moved in to the old house of Arthur Spiderwick. Odd things began to happen. Jared discovers the book written by his great, great Uncle Arthur. That’s where the movies thrilling scenes comes one after the other. Battling out goblins and Ogre with no magical powers but just with their wits and a help from the book, The Grace family succeeds defeating the evil ones.

Moral lesson of this movie, Have more time with your kids and watch how wonderfully they grow. Arthur Spiderwick had been searching for magical creature; he didn’t realize that her daughter is the most magical creature around him. Almost made me cry, that scene towards the end of the film, where Arthur Spiderwick met his daughter 80 years later since he disappeared. It’s an emotional, touching part of the movie.

What are you waiting for, Head to the theaters and see it.

No comments: