Custom Search

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Drink a lot of Water

Let me share to you about my recent health condition. It all started a month ago when I’m experienced some pain in my body like I always felt some burning sensation when urinating, my lower abdomen and lower back are aching and also frequent urge to urinate but only a small amount can pass.

Well at first I thought that it was just a simple UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) which I usually get for not drinking enough water everyday. I used to be diagnosed with it for several times now. It is all because of my stubbornness when it comes in drinking enough water and for postponing the act of urinating. I remember before when my father used to tell me to drink water eight glasses a day and do not prolong the urge to urinate and now that I am married, my husband always keep on reminding me about it too. And since I have this “maniana habit”*, which I’m trying to change till now, I always ends up with the same situation.

Anyway, last Saturday I decided to consult a doctor because I can no longer tolerate the pains. I undergo to a urine examination and waited for the result. When the result came out, I was surprised because it was negative. The first thing I asked to myself was what could be possibly wrong with me?

My doctor told me that I might have kidney stones. And those symptoms that I was experiencing are also the symptoms of a person who have kidney stones. So she referred me to undergo ultrasound. Unfortunately I am still waiting for the result of my examination but I will keep you posted about it.

Next I will talk about Kidney Stones…

* maniana habit is a Filipino attitude which means that you can do it now, instead you are prolonging it or you will do it later.

No comments: